Thursday, January 24, 2008

Megakatamar

When my sisters and I were younger (middle school-aged) we spent our summers making movies. My mom would go to work in the morning and leave us with a chore list to do. However, she would come home to a bigger mess than when she left (sorry mom!). My oldest sister, Katie, would take the lead as producer/director and Mary and I would be tasked to come up with props/set design. We were each responsible for our own costumes.

This would be a full day event. We made some chin-head videos, lip-sync concerts and murder mysteries. I would say our specialty was music videos with songs from Bon Jovi, Guns 'N Roses, Warren G and yes, even Hanson.

We eventually accredited the videos to our production company, Megakatamar Productions, and would enlist some help from our cousins at family parties or at the cottage. The Booth clan made some fantastic movies such as The Nativity Story, however the all-time classic is Trouble at Glitter Bay in which a developer is planning to ruin Mr. McGregor's land! Don't worry though, Mary, Hannah and Grace save the day!

When we found the video below on YouTube, we could not help but notice the similarities in the two brothers to my two sisters. This is just dead-on to what Katie and Mary would do. Katie would of course be the older brother trying to take a nice picture for mom, while Mary would be the younger, laid-back brother who ends up driving the older brother crazy.

Even if you don't know my sisters this video is still hilarious. Enjoy...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really can't believe how amazingly similar those two are to Katie and I. Crazy.