Friday, January 4, 2008

Don't Worry About It

When I entered college, I decided to not let things stress me out too much. Of course if I had a major paper or presentation assigned, I would stress out a little bit. But I would not let the day-to-day happenings get to me. When I found myself getting stressed, I would take a deep breath and remember that God will get me through anything. There isn't anything that, together, He and I can't handle. I also repeated Matthew 6:34 to myself numerous times:

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

The other night, my devotional led me to the Deuteronomy 31:9:

The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

This passage reminded me that God is always with me. There is no reason to worry about today or get stressed out that things are not going to turn out ok. They will.

Things may not be perfect or the way you would like them to turn out, but God will take care of you. He will be with you and He will never leave you.

0 comments: