Saturday, March 29, 2008

Babysitting

I can not remember the last time I babysat. It has to have been at least four years ago. However, I've had my share of not so fun times while babysitting. Once when I was babysitting the boys next door - ages about 6 and 3 - I was putting the boys to bed. Well, the younger one was not so happy about this. We sat and "talked" for a bit - he was mostly crying/screaming while I was trying to convince him to go to bed. Well, towards the end of the conversation he said, "I want to send you back to your house. I want to throw you out the window and send you back to your house." Lovely, huh? Another time, I was babysitting the girls across the street - ages about 11 and 8. They always had pretty crazy pets. Not crazy like iguanas or ferrets. They had cats and dogs, but their dogs were always crazy! Well, on this particular day we were playing outside when all of a sudden the dog went nuts! He was running all over the yard in a full sprint and coming up to us all crazy like. I did not grow up with dogs, or any animals for that matter, so I had no clue what this dog was up to! We couldn't make it back in to the house because he was blocking our path, so I did the next best thing - "Girls! Climb the tree!!" So we did. We had to have been in the tree a good 5 to 10 minutes watching this dog go berserk before a couple came by walking their dog. This occupied Fido long enough for us to jump down from the tree and race back in to the house. Fun times.

Anyways, today Eric and I are babysitting for some friends. They have a baby girl who is about 9 or 10 months old. Eric made sure last night that I remember how to change a diaper and care for a baby, which I do, but maybe today I will let him have the joy of doing those things. It will be good practice for the future! I'll let y'all know how it goes...

0 comments: