Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Finger Saga and Other Notes

Well, I know ya'll are dying to know how my finger is doing...so I'll just give you a little update. I saw the doctor on Tuesday, and I improved my range of motion by 20 degrees in both of my knuckles! Also, my swelling went down a lot! He's happy with how things are going and I should be healed in a few months (hopefully). I had my physical therapy on Wednesday and my therapist said my finger was looking a lot better. I got some more exercises to do and I have one more appointment with her in two weeks. Hopefully that will be my last appointment and then I'll be on my own. I'm hoping within the next 4-5 months I will be back to normal. The doctor said I have a good chance that my knuckle will go down to the size it was before, but I'm preparing myself to have a larger size knuckle when all is said and done.

My mom is spending the next week in Charleston, SC with my great aunt Katie, so she drove down yesterday and is spending a couple nights here with us. I was able to take a day off of work and we were able to have a really nice day of shopping together. We hit the usual TJ's and Marshalls and of course Talbots. The visit has been really nice so far, and Maddy hasn't been too bad. She's really not used to a lot of people in the apartment (and by a lot I mean more than just Eric and I), so she's not very social. We've had a few moments of bad behavior, but as long as we leave her alone she's fine.

Well, I'm just chillin' waiting for Lost to come on. Last week's episode was FANTASTIC and I'm really looking forward to tonight's as well. I really want to learn more about Ben and Charles W's relationship. What the heck is going on??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Meghan,
Thanks for your blog site! I am excited to read about what you have been up to. Thank you for always helping me on Sundays and for putting up with me pestering you! See you Sunday!

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Glad to hear the finger is getting better!