Friday, October 26, 2007

Earplugs Recommended

Ask anyone and they will tell you that I cannot sing. I believe I inherited this lack of talent from the Scallen side. Scallen "Happy Birthdays" are notorious for being out of tune and just bad.

I admit, I am not the best singer, but this does not stop me from belting it out now and then. One evening I was driving to Toledo to visit Eric and I was talking on the phone with my friend Erin. We had a nice conversation and, as we were hanging up, one of my favorite sing-along songs came on - "Picture" sung by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow. I love singing to this song and I must say, sometimes I sound amazingly like Sheryl (it's all in my head). So I sang my heart out, with both Kid and Sheryl, and I finish with a smile on my face. However, this expression quickly turned to shock as I heard Erin cracking up on the other end of the phone.

See...this was my pre flip phone days and apparantly I had not properly ended the phone call. Erin heard the entire song, my horrendous singing, and enjoyed every minute of it.

0 comments: